Update: April 04, 2022
The Capitol Centre has now updated capacity limits to 100%. This is an adjustment up from our self-imposed 75% limitation since March 1, 2022. Mask wearing is now optional. Mask or no mask, we will support you.
We encourage you to self-screen and if you are exhibiting symptoms or have been in close contact with a positive COVID case, please complete the following self-assessment: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/
Update: March 1, 2022
The Capitol Centre loosened restrictions on March 1st, 2022 in accordance with provincial guidelines. Proof of vaccinations no longer required. We also opted to maintain a 75% capacity restriction for the month of March to allow a period for staff, volunteers and patrons to adjust to the ongoing changes.
Other health and safety measures in placed included self-screening before entering and mask requirements. Masks may be removed when consuming food or beverages while seated. If you are feeling unwell, please refrain from visiting.
We continue to follow public health and government authority advice and update as needed.
See up to date info from our local health unit: myhealthunit.ca.
Capitol Centre’s COVID-19 Safety Measures:
- The building is routinely sanitized and cleaning routines have been enhanced. We have also purchased a new industrial spray sanitizing machine for disinfecting large areas in between events.
- We have updated our refund policy to make it easier for refunds if a patron isn’t feeling well and cannot attend a show for which they have purchased a ticket.
- Mask-wearing is mandatory by all staff, volunteers and patrons. Masks are required for all events except when consuming food or beverages while seated.
- Hand-sanitizing stations are set up in key traffic areas of the building.
- Plexiglass has been installed in the Box Office and the concession area.
- New electronic (emailable) tickets and onsite portable ticket scanners enhance touch free service.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. I purchased a ticket to a now postponed, rescheduled or cancelled performance. What are my options?
A. For most shows*** redemption options include-
1. Keep your tickets
2. Credit your ticket to a Gift Card which can be used for other shows in the future.
3. Donate the value of your ticket to the Capitol Centre in exchange for a charitable tax receipt - we appreciate your support.
4. Receive a full refund for your ticket. In order to receive a refund for a rescheduled show, your refund request must be received no later than one month prior to the rescheduled date. Refunds requested within 30 days of the rescheduled date will not be processed. This timeline has been established in order to allow time for other patrons to purchase tickets and enjoy the performance.
Q: Why is the refund deadline different for certain shows?
A: In order to bring you the best in entertainment, we sometimes work with outside promoters that rent our theatre and ticketing services. In these cases, the outside promoter sometimes gets to dictate the refund terms. We work hard to make sure that all affected patrons for these situations are fully aware of their refund deadline.
Q. For postponed and rescheduled shows will the tickets I already have be valid for the new date?
A. Yes! Tickets will be honoured for the new performance date.
Q. Are refunds available for rescheduled or cancelled shows?
A. Yes! Box Office staff have reached out to patrons who purchased tickets for shows that were rescheduled or cancelled to make arrangements already. If you are unable to make a rescheduled date and have not been contacted, please reach out by emailing [email protected] or call 705-474-4747. Please note that our primary method of reaching out to patrons regarding show changes is through email. Please check your inbox!
Box Office is open from Noon - 4pm on Tuesday through Friday and tickets are always available for purchase online at capitolcentre.org. The WKP Kennedy Gallery continues to welcome visitors by appointment. You can schedule a visit on kennedygallery.org
By purchasing an event ticket, the purchaser acknowledges that their contact information may be shared by the Capitol Centre with the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit if needed for the purpose of COVID-19 contact tracing.