Capitol Centre Closed - Per Provincial Directive
North Bay, ON – January 4, 2022: The Capitol Centre building is closed from January 5 – 26, 2022 as per the new provincial directives issued in yesterday’s news conference. The following events have been affected:
- Piaf! The Show – postponed, with new date TBA.
- North Bay Live Show – postponed, with new date TBA.
- Sunday Cinema, No Time To Die – cancelled
- Throwback Thursday Movie, Jurassic Park – cancelled
Box Office staff are contacting all ticket holders of these events to notify them of postponement details and ticket redemption options.
The closure has also cut short the Hands of Knowledge exhibition in the WKP Kennedy Gallery, and delayed the upcoming Nipissing University Juried Exhibition which was scheduled to begin mid-January.
“We are continuing to monitor the COVID situation to determine if further events may be affected.” said Katina Connolly, Executive Director. “During this closure, many staff will be working remotely but we will be monitoring our main Box Office phone line in-house so that we can address questions and concerns from patrons.”
The Capitol Centre anticipates re-opening January 27th 2022 pending further provincial guidance. In the meantime, ongoing updates about live performances in the Betty Speers Theatre and exhibitions in the WKP Kennedy Gallery can be found on our social media channels and websites.
- Betty Speers Theatre – see info at capitolcentre.org or call the Box Office at 705-474-4747
- Art exhibitions and events in the WKP Kennedy Gallery – see info at kennedygallery.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Media Contact: Caroline Parnell-Barry, Marketing Director