The Capitol Centre operates as a not-for-profit performing and visual arts organization for a community of 54,000 and beyond. This multi-use facility is the jewel in the very centre of the Northeast. It is home to the WKP Kennedy Gallery, Betty Speers Theatre, the North Bay Symphony String School, and features a season boosting multi-disciplinary acts from around the world.
The Capitol Centre is looking to hire a full-time Operations Coordinator to join our team.
As part of the Capitol Centre team, the Operations Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and implementing maintenance programs for the facility. These responsibilities include:
- Routine maintenance of fire systems, building security, HVAC system, sewage and sump pumps, safety equipment and building exterior
- Arrange and achieve all required safety inspections and reports as required by fire safety, health inspector, etc.
- Access and monitor temperature control in theatre, gallery, and permanent collection
- Coordinate with contractors and other professional contacts on preventative maintenance, building repairs, and capital projects or upgrades
- Room set-up and tear-down for events
- Maintain the proper records for equipment and system maintenance
- Perform minor maintenance and custodian tasks that arise in a timely fashion
- Knowledge and experience in compliance with related building codes, safety requirements and legislation
- Demonstrated ability in a wide range of maintenance skills such as carpentry, plumbing, mechanics, janitorial, electrical, use of manual and mechanical tools
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment with quick deadlines
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be able to lift / move 50lbs
This is an on-site position based on 35-hour work week. We hope the successful candidate would be available to start immediately. Group Health Benefits and Group RRSP Contribution Plan available upon successful completion of the probationary period. Please direct your resume and cover letter to the attention of Katina Connolly, Executive Director - Capitol Centre, 150 Main Street East, North Bay, ON P1B 1A8 or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank everyone who applies but we will only be contacting those selected for an interview.
The Capitol Centre is looking for part-time Bartenders to join our team. Bartenders are expected to be available for a minimum of 2-3 shifts per month and would work events in both the theatre and gallery. Most shifts would be scheduled for the evening or weekends.
As part of the Capitol Centre team, Bartenders are responsible for:
- Providing a positive customer experience for all patrons
- Verifying age requirements
- Managing inventory, stocking bar, and cleaning bar supplies
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Must be Smart Serve certified
- Proven work experience as a bartender required
- Knowledge in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
- Computer and cash literacy
- Bilingualism is an asset
Please direct your resume and cover letter to the attention of Katina Connolly, Executive Director - Capitol Centre, 150 Main Street East, North Bay, ON P1B 1A8 or emailed to: email@example.com.